25.9.11

milano unica

Last Wednesday I was sent to Milano Unica to do some trend research and get some inspiration. I spent a lot of time in the trend area making notes for autumn/winter 2012. In the buyers area the Tiss et Teint window display of beautifully designed posters caught my eye, I have also included sneaky pics of their fabrics.








Obviously the rest of my time was mostly spent in the vintage section. The only drawback is that as far as I've seen in Italy and of course at trade fairs like these, it's not like merrily trawling through flea market bargains it's more hundreds of cases of classic jewellery, vintage Chanel handbags, Hermès silk scarves. I did find some amazing pieces by Elizabeth the First, one in particular I loved where they had used embroidered fabric from Afghanistan and created a huge fur lined sleeveless overcoat. They had a lot off very nice things at their stand from around the world.